How YOU Can Support the Building Healthy Families Program
I have written a few blogs this year explaining more about the Building Healthy Families Program and the clients we are able to serve through it. Today, I want to give you practical examples of how anyone can help serve this community alongside us!
Through the Building Healthy Families Program, we are able to assist new moms (or soon to be moms!) with items they need for the remainder of their pregnancy or to help adjust to life with a new baby! Here, are some items we have given out in the past and items that would be beneficial to have on hand for these clients. Please make sure any items donated are gently used, like new, or new.
- Diapers & Wipes (unopened): We utilize these in our Blessing Boutique at the office, but I also typically will provide a pack of diapers and wipes once a month to the moms in this program. This is one of the main requests from my clients!
- Car seats, Strollers, Bouncers, etc. (As always, the car seats cannot be expired, nor can they have been in a wreck).
- Breast pumps
- Formula (if not past expiration date)
- Pack and Plays, Bassinets
- Nice maternity clothes
- Gift Card: You can also donate a gift card to Target or Walmart that I can use to take the mom shopping for items she may need that we don’t have at the office!
If you don’t have items laying around to donate, no worries! You can serve these families in other ways!
- Provide a meal for a family: If you love to cook, you can use that to bless them with a delicious meal! These can be made and frozen or brought ready to eat! Please see my information below and coordinate with me if this is something you feel led to do so that I can coordinate that with one of my families!
- Donate food items: This could look like providing groceries for the week, or just bringing staple pantry items we could give them. Any little bit is so helpful!
- Mentor a specific family: I see my clients in their homes weekly, but we believe the more support wrapped around them the better! This could look like simply calling to have conversation with them, inviting them to church with you, sending them a care basket once a month, etc. Again, please coordinate this with me so that I can talk with the client and get their permission before providing their information. This is something that both men and women could do. I currently have clients who live in Texarkana, New Boston, and Maud.
This is something everyone can do! If you aren’t in a season where you can offer support in the ways listed above, we always ask for prayers for these clients and the Building Healthy Families Program overall! We have seen God do BIG things through the program already. We pray it continues to be a blessing for this community.
If you would like to help with the Building Healthy Families program, please reach out to Lauren at 903-501-8172 via call or text. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!